Starting Tuesday, September 5, a new Shore Line East schedule will take effect, impacting weekday and weekend service. These changes are necessary to accommodate Amtrak’s construction work in the area, which is expected to last through December 2023.
During this time, however, Amtrak will expand the number of trains that will honor Shore Line East tickets. This program allows Shore Line East Multi-Ride ticket holders to ride the following trains:
Amtrak 86, 93, 94, 95, 137, 172, 173, 176, 177, 178
Shore Line East Multi-Ride tickets include:
- Monthly Tickets
- Ten-Trip Tickets
- Monthly Plus Bus Tickets
- Metro-North and Shore Line East Monthly and Weekly UniRail Tickets
When traveling on Amtrak, please also be aware of the following:
- Seats must be booked in advance using Amtrak’s RideReserve Program
- Tickets can be purchased through the Amtrak app, the Amtrak website, or a ticket agent at New Haven Union, Old Saybrook, or New London Stations
In addition to the Amtrak cross-honoring system, alternative bus commuting options are available. The following bus routes will accept all SLE tickets except the SLE Ten-Trip Ticket:
- CTtransit Route 201:
- This bus stops in New Haven, Branford, Guilford, and Madison. The Route 201 weekday schedule can be found here.
- River Valley Transit Route 641:
- This bus stops in Old Saybrook, Westbrook, Clinton, and Madison. The Route 641 schedule can be found here.
- River Valley Transit Route 643:
- This bus stops in Old Saybrook, East Lyme, Old Lyme, and New London. The Route 643 schedule can be found here.
The full Connecticut Department of Transportation press release can be found here.
Please refer to ShoreLineEast.com for further info and detailed schedule information.
Don’t forget to review your preferences on our alerts page to ensure you receive the most up-to-date information for your travels.