TICKETS AND FARES
Ticket Types to Best Suit Your Travel Needs
Available for purchase with the CTrail eTix app or onboard all CTrail Shore Line East trains (cash only) with no additional surcharge. One-way tickets are also sold (cash or card) at the following stations: New Haven Union Station, Old Saybrook, and New London.
Good for 60 days if purchased in the CTrail eTix app. Good for 90 days if purchased outside of the CTrail eTix app.
Available for purchase with the CTrail eTix app or at the following stations: New Haven Union Station, Old Saybrook, and New London. Ten-trip tickets are non-transferable; lost tickets can neither be refunded nor replaced. Good for 180 days.
- Monthly – does not include CTtransit New Haven Division bus service.
- Monthly Plus Bus – Accepted by CTtransit New Haven Division, New Haven Commuter Connection bus service, River Valley Transit, and Southeast Area Transit District.
- School Monthly – discounted fare for students 18 years old or younger traveling to and from primary or secondary school. Proof of age and school-issued ID required. (Not valid for college students.)
- UniRail Monthly – combines New Haven Line operated by Metro-North with CTrail Shore Line East rail service for a lower combined fare than separate tickets. UniRail Monthly Tickets are available at New Haven’s Union Station, via the CTrail eTix app, ticket vending machines, aboard a New Haven Line train using a credit card, and any New Haven Line station with a ticket window, as well as by mail at: www.MTA.info. UniRail Tickets cannot be purchased on board CTrail Shore Line East trains, or at stations serviced only by CTrail Shore Line East.
Monthly tickets are non-transferable; lost tickets can neither be refunded nor replaced.
Students from participating colleges and universities can use the U-Pass CT aboard all CTrail Shore Line East trains with an accompanying valid student ID. However, it is not accepted aboard ANY shoreline Amtrak trains, including Amtrak trains that accept SLE Multi-Ride tickets. For more details on the U-Pass and a list of participating schools, visit CTrides.com/u-pass-ct.
CTrail Shore Line East Connecting Passengers
Passengers transferring to/from a New Haven Line train may purchase combined UniRail tickets with the CTrail eTix app, from Metro-North ticket vending machines, aboard a New Haven Line train using a credit card, and ticket windows before boarding. New Haven Line on-board fees are charged ONLY to persons without a CTrail Shore Line East ticket/receipt. Metro-North fare information is available by clicking here.
Passengers transferring to/from a CTrail Hartford Line train may purchase combination tickets with the CTrail eTix app, or at CTrail Hartford Line station Ticket Vending Machines before boarding. CTrail Hartford Line fare information is available by clicking here.
Unused 10-trip paper tickets are refundable for 180 days by mail only. Used tickets are NOT refundable. Single trip tickets are refundable at any SLE ticket window. Monthly paper tickets are refundable by mail only. The redemption value of unused or partially used SLE monthly tickets is determined based on the calendar day of the month that the ticket is postmarked for refund.
|Before Month Begins||100%|
|Remainder of the Month||0%|
To request a refund:
1. Download a Refund Request Form, print, and complete all fields.
2. Mail completed form and ticket to:
30th Street Station
2955 Market Street
Philadelphia, PA 19104-2898
Refunds using the CTrail eTix app:
If I do not use my mobile ticket, can I receive a refund?
Up until 11:59 PM Eastern time of the calendar day of purchase of a mobile ticket that has not been activated for use, you may initiate a refund through CTrail eTix to receive a full refund. Please be advised that once you activate mobile tickets in your CTrail eTix account, you are not eligible for refund. Other requests for refund of non-activated mobile tickets still within their validity period are subject to the CTrail Ticket Refund Guidelines at the discretion of CTrail customer service.
How do I refund a mobile ticket?
You can initiate a same-day refund of a mobile ticket that has not been activated from the “Use Ticket” screen in CTrail eTix by selecting the mobile ticket, clicking the red “Refund” button, and then confirming the refund. Please note, if the red “Refund” button is not displayed, the selected mobile ticket is not eligible for refund via CTrail eTix. A receipt for your refund will automatically be sent to the email address associated with your account, and the funds will be returned to the credit/debit card used to purchase the ticket. If you need help with a refund, please contact CTrides Customer Service between 8 AM and 5 PM by phone, text or chat: https://CTrides.com/contact-us.
Lost, damaged, or stolen tickets are neither refunded nor replaced.