Effective Monday, July 27, cash ticket sales will resume on board CTrail Shore Line East trains. However, cash transactions remain suspended at ticket windows.
- Customers are encouraged to purchase tickets prior to boarding using the CTrail eTix app (available for Android and Apple iOS mobile devices) for CTrail Hartford Line, CTrail Shore Line East, and connecting New Haven Line (Metro-North) trains. Ticket vending machines (TVM) are also available at New Haven Union Station and State Street Station.
- Customers should purchase tickets ahead of time for all Amtrak trains using the CTrail eTix App or a CTrail TVM.
Amtrak is currently not honoring SLE Multi-Ride Tickets on board their trains until further notice.
In addition to the service changes above, customers are reminded of the COVID-19 travel advisories below:
- Wear a mask or face covering on all trains, in stations, and on platforms, unless you have a medical condition that prevents you from doing so. Children under the age of two do not require a mask. Please be aware that Amtrak requires the use of face masks on board their trains.
- Use social distancing while waiting at rail stations and riding trains. The CDC recommends keeping a distance of at least six feet from others.
- Do not use public transportation if you feel sick.