As of Tuesday, January 22, 2019, six weekday trains will be restored to the Shore Line East schedule, replacing scheduled bus service that has been operating since April 2018. Additionally, two Friday-only trains will now operate every weekday to provide customers with additional travel options.
The following SLE trains will be reinstated on Tuesday, January 22:
Westbound to New Haven:
- SLE Train 1627 – will depart Old Saybrook at 5:37 AM and arrive in New Haven at 6:22 AM.
- SLE Train 1645 – will depart Old Saybrook at 7:50 AM and arrive in New Haven at 8:35 AM.
- SLE Train 1675 – will now operate daily, departing Old Saybrook at 3:05 PM and arrive in New Haven at 3:45 PM.
- SLE Train 1687 – will depart Old Saybrook at 6:13 PM and arrive in New Haven at 6:54 PM.
Eastbound to Old Saybrook:
- SLE Train 1604 – will depart New Haven at 6:55 AM and arrive in Old Saybrook at 7:36 AM.
- SLE Train 1626 – will now operate daily, departing New Haven at 2:10 PM and arrive in Old Saybrook at 2:58 PM.
- SLE Train 1638 – will depart New Haven at 5:10 PM and arrive in Old Saybrook at 5:56 PM.
- SLE Train 1656 – will depart New Haven at 7:11 PM and arrive in Old Saybrook at 7:56 PM.
Additional Schedule Change Information:
- Select weekday SLE trains will continue to be replaced by bus service. Look for BUS designation on SLE timetables.
- Double-check the schedule for possible minor train time changes.
- Refer to New Haven Line schedules for New Haven Line schedule changes.
- Select Amtrak trains allow cross-honoring of Shore Line East Multi-Ride tickets.
- Students at participating U-Pass CT schools can use U-Pass aboard ALL Shore Line East trains. It is NOT accepted aboard any Amtrak train, including those trains listed on the schedule that accept SLE Multi-Ride tickets. Details at CTrides.com/u-pass.
Read the full DOT release here.
Click here to view the SLE schedule effective 1/22/19.
Shore Line East customers are urged to check the service website at www.ShoreLineEast.com or call 877-287-4337 for the latest information.